Thirteen Makeup Must Haves For the New Year
Building your makeup collection can be easy, if you know where to start. Begin with determining what kind of skin type you have: Normal, Oily, Dry or Combination. This will show you what primers, foundations and concealers you need to use. I have picked the perfect beginner items that will leave you feeling flawless, polished and ready for any type of occasion. The items below are also listed in the steps that you should apply them.
1. Make Up For Ever Primers: Primer is the first step of any makeup routine. After applying moisturizer, start by applying a pump or two of primer and spreading it evenly around your entire face. MUFE have many different primers, ranging from mattifying to hydrating and redness correcting. They have a primer for every skin type.
2. Josie Maran Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation: This foundation is excellent for all types of skin. Infused with Argan Oil to make your skin glow, this product will give you full coverage without leaving you looking "cakey". It is perfect for hiding pimples, dark circles and skin discoloration. There are many different shades to choose from, so I recommend visiting your local Sephora to determine which shade you’ll need.
3. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer: Concealer is made to hide imperfections on the skin as well as bring light to the areas of your face that you want to enhance. This product will reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles and acne. Apply under the eyes and blend using a beauty sponge or concealer brush.
4. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer: This product is essential for giving your face that sunny glow! Infused with cocoa, this bronzer will make your face look tan despite the cold weather outside. Apply around the cheeks, top outline of the for-head and neck area. You can even use this item to contour the cheeks and nose area to make your face look more defined.
5. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder: Applying a powder to set your face makeup is the way to go. It keeps your foundation and concealer in place. It also helps prevent creases and fine lines from forming underneath your eyes and around your mouth in your smile lines. Using a fluffy makeup brush or damp beauty sponge, lightly dab the product around the face and press slightly to push the product into your pores. This setting powder is worth purchasing because it is translucent and won’t add any color to your skin.
6. Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette: This eye shadow palette is perfect for any season or occasion. Similar to the TF Bronzer, this 16 shadow palette is cocoa infused and contains a mix of matte, shimmer, and highlighting shades. The shades are unique and pigmented. The palette is versatile and can be used with a variety of eye shadow brushes.
7. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner: This eyeliner has a fine tip that allows the user to create both thin and bold eye looks. The brush is super bendable which makes it easier to create unique eye looks. Drag the tip across the lash line and extend outwards to make a wing look.
8. Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real Lengthening and Volumizing Mascara: This mascara curls, lifts and separates lashes while adding volume. You will receive endless compliments and have people asking you if they are your “real” lashes. For the longest lashes possible, I recommend putting on 2 coats.
9. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz: Define your eyebrows using this thin tipped eye brow pencil. Brow Wiz is creamy yet powerful and does the trick when it comes to filling in areas with sparse hairs. The spooley on the opposite end also makes it easy to brush the hairs. ABH Brow Wiz can turn any eyebrow fierce.
10. Becca Mineral Blush in Flowerchild: Whether you’re walking down the aisle or heading to the office, this blush is a true soft pink and works for every occasion. Its creamy consistency applies very smoothly to the cheeks and stays on all day. This blush is also packed with Vitamin A, C and E.
11. Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop Highlighter: This highlighter is everything! Seriously, if you don’t have this product you need to run to the nearest Sephora as fast as you can! This highlighter can be seen from the moon! It is so creamy, buttery and pigmented. YouTube sensation Jaclyn Hill teamed up with Becca Cosmetics to create this holy grail. Apply it to the tops of your cheek bones and tip of your nose with a fan brush. You’ll receive a ton of compliments, trust me!
12. MAC Cosmetics Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo: Every girl needs a bright red lipstick in her collection. Ruby Woo is a matte formula which is why it is perfect for an everyday look. Although it is matte, it applies very well and is a true red. It’s not only ideal for the holiday season, but is a great shade year round.
13. Urban Decay Setting Spray: After you complete all of these steps, spray your face with this to set all of your makeup. UD makes several different spray types depending on if you have oily or dry skin. This keeps your makeup from running, sliding or melting off in warm temperatures. The mist is light and doesn’t leave your face feeling tight.
All of these products are great in my opinion. These are just a small sample of the many beauty products out there. Whether it is your first time browsing for makeup or you’re just looking for some new goodies to try, I hope this guide helps!
xo - Briana