Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and as we all know there is always high expectations for the night. This year step outside of your comfort zone and do something different. Being event planners, Agathi & Co., has some ideas for you to make sure your night is one to remember.
The Classic Date- Dinner and a Movie
1. Comedy- How to Be Single and Zoolander 2 come out today and they look funny for couples or friends. Check out local listings for a time. Also, plan on going out to dinner before or after the movie depending on what you prefer.
2. Romantic- This year there are not too many romantic movies to choose from, but All Roads Lead to Rome where Sarah Jessica Parker returns to Italy with her daughter and meets a former lover and the story continues. An Italian meal would pair with the movie to make the night perfect.
3. Don’t forget the personalized route of renting a movie and making dinner together. Sometimes that can be just as romantic if not more on a cold February night.
The Artsy Date
4. Art Museum- Find a local art museum or studio and take this opportunity to hold hands and wander around taking in some beautiful masterpieces. ArtisanWorks is a fun place to walk around and take in all different types of art. They are open from 12pm-5pm on Sundays.
The Athletic Date
5. Rock Climbing-Take your sweetheart on a date they will never forget, and go rock climbing. Spend the afternoon on the ropes and then go out to dinner that doesn’t require formal attire.
6. Skiing and Snowboarding-It’s that time of year to spend some time outside just so you can enjoy the warming up afterward. Hit the slopes and then a coffee shop for some conversation. We recommend Bristol Mountain and Java’s.
The Music Lovers Date
7. Find a local Record Store and spend the afternoon looking for some old records to play once you get home. Some record stores even have places to sit and hang out. Do your research and plan the perfect surprise. The Record Archive in Rochester
8. Orchestra Performance- Return to a time where life was much simpler and music had to be performed on stage. Take a look at your local orchestra’s calendar to figure out if there is a performance you are interested in. Locally, in Rochester, there is the orchestral debut, crooner Michael Lynche, from American Idol, that will melt your heart with an unforgettable evening of R&B love songs.
Take time to think about what the best option is for you and your date. We just wanted to give you some out of the box ideas to really make a great impression this Valentine’s Day.
xo - Agathi & Co.