Summer Beach Body Tips for Women
Summer is just around the corner, which means bikini season is coming quick! Be sure to strut your stuff this season with the help of these fitness and meal tips and tricks. The key to getting your beach bod is to be consistent; progress takes time but is worth it in the end!
Fitness tips and tricks:
Get a workout buddy!!
-Working out with a friend is always more enjoyable and motivates you to not skip those days you just want to stay in bed. Having someone at the gym to encourage another 5 push ups or crunches leads to better results without even realizing it! Keep each other posted on your progress and set short-term goals that are attainable, once those goals are met plan a dancing date night with your gym buddy to celebrate!
-There are so many fun workouts to do with a friend, exercising and hanging out at the same time. At home or in the gym, try these 3 workouts with your gym buddy and see some results!
1. Stand back to back and face your palms inward, slightly making contact with your partner. Then slowly work your way into a 90-degree leg squat, keeping your backs pushing against each other. See how long you can hold it, then make a goal to beat that time the next time you squat it out. Repeat 10x!
2. Lay on your backs facing each other and have one of your feet on top of theirs, vice versa. Do 3 sets of 15 crunches doing high fives together in between each crunch. Laughs are guaranteed in this workout, but that’s even better!!
3. Pick your favorite song of the week, have your partner do the same, and then do this workout through the ENTIRE song: 10 jumping jacks, 10 high knees, 10 push ups and 10 crunches, repeat until your songs have both ended.
Eat right to feel right!
Eating 3 meals a day alongside a few healthy snacks is the key to getting that dream body. Once you are working out regularly, you need to give your body the nutrients it needs to keep going. It is hard sometimes to eat a well-balanced meal with a busy schedule and social life, so meal prepping may be an option for you! Schedule two hours in your week to meal prep for the week, it will save you time and stress in the long run. Here are a few meal ideas to get you started:
1. Whole wheat English muffin with peanut butter and bananas
2. Greek yogurt with granola and fruit on top
1. Whole-wheat wrap, low-fat turkey meat, swiss cheese and ½ avocado
2. Romaine lettuce, cucumbers, walnuts, chicken with low-fat dressing of choice
1. Roasted salmon topped with lemon, brown rice and vegetable
2. Turkey burger, avocado, melted mozzarella and roasted red peppers
Snack options: carrots and peppers with ranch to dip, bananas with almond butter, wheat thins and humus, lightly salted popcorn